Comments Off on COvid19: Confusion as Anambra confirmed case ran away
There is pandemonium in Anambra State as the the index case of Covid19 has reportedly ran away.
The Nigeria Centre for Disease Control (NCDC) announced on Friday that Anambra had recorded a confirmed case.
Before he became a confirmed case, he was said to have visited three different hospitals in the state thereby interacting with people.
The index case also made contacts with people as he ran away.
However, Anambra State Commissioners for Health Dr Vincent Okpala and his Information and Public Enlightenment counterpart, Mr C Don Adinuba, say there is no cause for alarm, as government is on top of the situation.
The new development had prompted the Governor Willie Obiano to impose a comprehensive lock down on the state.
In a statement on Sunday in Awka, the Police Command declared the enforcement takes effect immediately.
The Command’s Publish relation’s Officer, Mr Mohammed Haruna who signed and issued the statement.
He said the index case had been in the state since March 28, 2020 and must have infected numerous people since then.
According to him: “the Anambra State Police Command wishes to inform the general public that the Command in compliance with the directives of the Anambra State Governments in order to contain the spread of COVID-19 has commenced total enforcement of lockdown order in the State with immediate effect.
“In view of this,the public are kindly requested to stay at home. No movement, no local transportation. The index case has been in the State since march 28th and has socialized extensively.
“This extreme restriction became necessary in order to identify and isolate primary and secondary contacts as well as ensure no further spread as the contact tracing is ongoing.
“The public is to note that the Police and all security Agencies in the State are geared to enforce this order to the later in observance of overriding public health interest.”