US president-elect Biden accuses US defense department of obstruction in transition, calls Trump’s administration irresponsible

Spread the love
135 Views

With President-elect Joe  Biden’s electoral college win, his team is qualified to access every needed information for the transition of power.

 

He described it as “irresponsible” on the part of the Trump’s administrations as his team has encountered “Obstruction from the politic leadership” when it enquired for necessary information from the Department of Defence.

 The President-elect also claimed that agencies critical to US security have suffered “enormous damage” under Donald Trump.


Weeks after the election, Biden was blocked from receiving key intelligence briefings, an essential routine during a presidential transition.

 

Since Trump lost to Biden on November 3, he has been adamant about allowing Biden’s team access to the needed information, but finally agreed to allow the formal transition process last month-a move which was hailed by many..

 

But following a briefing from Biden’s National Security Team late Monday night, December 28, it seems like team Trump is not so transparent and this has caused Biden to react.


In a statement which he posted on Twitter, Mr. Biden said his team was facing “roadblocks” in the defense department and the Office of Management and Budget.


“Right now, we just aren’t getting all the information that we need from the outgoing administration in key national security areas,” he said.


“It’s nothing short, in my view, of irresponsibility.”


Biden added that his team needed a “clear picture of our force posture around the world” and that US adversaries could exploit any confusion that resulted.


Biden described key security agencies as having been “hollowed out” in personnel, capacity, and in morale.


“The policy processes have atrophied or have been sidelined,” he added.

 

In reacting to Biden’s comments Acting Defence Secretary Christopher Miller said officials had been “working with the utmost professionalism to support transition activities”.

“The Department of Defense has conducted 164 interviews with over 400 officials and provided over 5,000 pages of documents – far more than initially requested by Biden’s transition team,” he said.

One thought on “US president-elect Biden accuses US defense department of obstruction in transition, calls Trump’s administration irresponsible”

  1. This design is incredible! You obviously know how to keep a reader entertained.
    Between your wit and your videos, I was almost moved to start my own blog (well, almost…HaHa!) Fantastic job.

    I really loved what you had to say, and more than that, how
    you presented it. Too cool!

Comments are closed.