Xenophobia: South Africans Not Done With Looting Of Shops Owned By Foreigners

Spread the love
190 Views

The looting of  shops and businesses owned by foreigners in South African which characterised the on going xenophobic attack in that country seem not to be abetting at all.

The police in that country through its spokesperson Mathepelo Peter said that the looting of shops owned by foreigners which began on Sunday September 1, have continued till date, he also disclosed that the police arrested 74 persons in Katlehong on Thursday September 5, bringing the total number of arrests since the attacks began  in Johannesburg to 497.

Peter also said only 11 deaths have been recorded so far since the attack on foreigners and looting of shops began . He however affirmed that only 7 deaths were directly linked to the incidents of violence.

He said the police is  investigating and monitoring the situation to bring about calm and normality.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Please wait...

Subscribe to our newsletter

Want to be notified when our article is published? Enter your email address and name below to be the first to know.